[Koha] Clarifying history of PTFS feature releases

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Fri Jul 9 07:18:39 NZST 2010

On 9 July 2010 06:52, Chris Cormack <chris at bigballofwax.co.nz> wrote:
> .
>>
>> In the next few weeks, we will be releasing a very large list of sponsored
>> development items.  Our intent with all our development is to release it
>> when it is thoroughly tested and approved by the customers.  I would very
>> much like to clarify the desired procedures for announcing, releasing, and
>> integrating large projects such as these.
>>
> Well there are a few things, PTFS is the only company who does their
> own releases .. so i'll ignore that. But when submitting work for
> inclusion, it must be rebased upon the branch you want to include it
> on. Otherwise it simply will not apply cleanly.
> Now the longer it goes without a rebase, for example
> http://github.com/ptfs/Koha-PTFS/commits/Bug3474  is based on november
> 09 code. That is nearly 8 months ago and more than a 1000 commits ago.
> This needs to be rebased on current code, then tested before it can be
> accepted. Normally the submitter does the rebasing, to date for
> Harley, this hasn't happened.
>
> Hope this clarifies

Oh and replying to myself ... early in the morning, need more coffee :)
I am more than willing to help anyone who wants to learn how I do the
cherry-picking and/or rebasing, so that they can help out doing it to.
It is so much easier for the people who wrote the particular feature,
or bugfix, to fix conflicts as they know what they were trying to do,
and which piece of code they should keep. If it's left up to me, I
have to take my best guess. That is the reason its much better for the
submitter to keep the code up to date with master.

Chris