[Koha] Koha releases

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sat Jul 3 21:40:27 NZST 2010

Paul Poulain wrote:
> I can't imagine it will be possible to merge after : time to develop +
> time to validate by the sponsoring org + 6 months ...
> (not counting features that will have been developed in // by the
> community version, just speaking of the technical pain !)

It sounds like the "Sell It, Free It" business model from
http://www.sanisoft.com/openmodel/
Sometimes that's less politely called ransomware.

It'll be possible to merge, just a lot more painful than necessary
and I'd expect it to cause problems for both the community and
the developer's customers if the merge doesn't go cleanly.

I hope that this will provoke customers to buy elsewhere, from Support
Sellers, Service Enablers and Accessorisers, and avoid that unnecessary
merge pain, but they've already seemed more masochistic than I expected.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef) Webmaster and developer for hire at | software