[Koha] Users and developers (was KUDOS - ALA Proposed Agenda)

David Schuster dschust1 at tx.rr.com
Thu Jan 21 03:39:22 NZDT 2010

Again thanks for following through and making suggestions:

http://www.irs.gov/charities/article/0,,id=139515,00.html  - an article
about having a policy to deal with conflict of interest.

The concern for having the 501c3 exemption status pulled by the IRS was the
concern.  The board will have to put this policy together and submit it as
well with the application.

If KUDOS in the future does fund development we were trying to look long
term and avoid conflict of interest through membership.

It will be part of the board members duty(as volunteers) to provide
diligence that the policy is maintained and followed.  It is hard to
anticipate how this will work so again it is hard to write when we haven't
done it before.  Again we are open for suggestions and comments!  Keep them
coming!

David Schuster