[Koha] KUDOS - ALA—Boston Public Library at 3 PM on Saturday, January 16. Proposed Agenda

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Jan 19 15:06:49 NZDT 2010

David Schuster <dschust1 at tx.rr.com>
> Vicki is going to bring a few paper copies as well.  Please read through the
> bylaws as they have been posted for quite some time found at:
> http://kudos.koha.org/?s=bylaws - The Mission and Section 5 membership are
> changing, but those are included in this email.

Where they have been posted for quite some time, but protected by
an eyetest to stop the likes of me commenting. :-/

[...]
> o       Membership should be for installations of Koha in North America

So KUDOS will mean "Koha Users but not Developers Of Software"?
That's disappointingly divisive.

On the web page:

  SECTION 5.2 Qualifications. For Voting Membership: any North
  American library currently using or implementing the Koha ILS as its
  primary circulation program and or catalog. For Non-voting
  Membership: any individual or for-profit company that develops or
  supports the Koha ILS

A tech worker co-op is not a library, not an individual and
not a for-profit company.  Can't it join at all?

I feel it would be better if KUDOS was a multistakeholder cooperative
but I don't know if Pennsylvania has such things.

Confused and disappointed,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software