[Koha] How to add custom fields in new patron creation

nitesh rijal rijal.it at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 18:23:29 NZDT 2010

Thanks for that, I added the fields but cannot create a report from them.

Suppose I created a field called "Level" and "Degree", now I want to
generate a report containing Patron Name, Address, Degree, Level and
Cardnumber.

This must be generated so that it can be easily entered into Patron's Card.

How do I do this???

Thank you.

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 5:28 AM, Nicole Engard <nengard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds like you want to use the Patron Attributes - these are custom
> fields for your patrons.  You can learn more here:
>
> http://koha.org/documentation/manual/3.0/administration/patrons-and-circulation/patron-attribute-types
>
> Thanks
> Nicole
>
> 2010/1/10 nitesh rijal <rijal.it at gmail.com>:
> > Hello all.
> > I am using KOHA 3.0.3 in Debian Lenny. I was trying to add a patron in
> the
> > library of Student type.
> > I can see that the fields available there are not enough, I want to add
> some
> > more fields in it.
> > In our library there we need to add fields like: "Level", "Address",
> > "Interests" etc. I know that it is possible to do so through modifying
> the
> > source and database, but I just wanted to know that is there any way we
> can
> > do it from the Staff Client Interface.
> > I got the source template file, but how do I define the variables in the
> > template source so that my link from source goes to the database.
> > Thank you.
> > Regards.
> >
> > --
> > Nitesh Rijal