[Koha] Cataloging workflow

Sharon Moreland smoreland at nekls.org
Fri Jan 8 05:24:10 NZDT 2010

Very few of our small to medium-sized public libraries do anything more than
copy cataloging and Koha works fine for them.  If we had any academic
libraries trying to create original records, it might be a different story.
We find 99.9% of the records we need from OCLC or the State Library of
Kansas union catalog and our various z-targets.

Sharon Moreland
NExpress Shared Catalog

Northeast Kansas Library System
4317 W. 6th St.
Lawrence, KS 66049

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote:

> I'd like to take an informal survey to get some ideas from the
> Koha-using community. My library has never done the bulk of its
> cataloging within Koha. We switched to Koha from a system which didn't
> have a good cataloging module, so our catalogers have always been most
> comfortable with their separate cataloging tools. However, we're
> always looking for ideas for improving our workflow.
>
> Koha users, are you doing all your cataloging within Koha? If not,
> what are you using?
>
>  -- Owen
>
> --
> Web Developer