[Koha] ink_bibs_to_authorities. pl

Christopher Curry ccurry at amphilsoc.org
Fri Jan 8 05:02:05 NZDT 2010

Hello, all.

We're in the final stages of our Koha implementation and I'm trying to
sort out the bib/auth linking. Can someone direct me to documentation
describing what the link_bibs_to_authorities. pl script is looking for
when it checks bibs (if it exists)? I loaded 1 record and one of its
associated authority records into my catalog and the script checks the
bib, but doesn't modify it. No errors are reported.

I'm no expert on authority control, so I'm not sure if our old catalog
created bad records or there is some further configuration that needs to
be done in order to get the script to work for our records.

I found this thread on the devel list, which may point to the latter:
http://lists.koha.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2008-May/007629.html. Any
help is appreciated.

--

Cheers,

Christopher Curry
Assistant Technical Librarian / Assistant IT Officer

American Philosophical Society
105 South Fifth Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-3386
Tel. (215) 599-4299