[Koha] [Koha-devel] Perl compatability

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Wed Jan 6 20:08:23 NZDT 2010

Joe Ellis a écrit :
> Thank you for your kind reply.

your welcome,

note that mailing lists are really the preffered way to deal with
questions. For example, i'm european (french) guy. So, I get this mail
this morning, it's the night for you, so you may have wait longer than
on the mailing list, where someone else could have help you !
> I am a retired person with experience in developing databases on Macintosh computers and I have been asked to assist the librarian at a small private school in Connecticut to upgrade the Library's tool for administering their small library. The tool they were using was called "Winnebago" and was hosted on an OS 8.5 Macintosh. The application can generate an export file in MARC21 format and after a lot of looking, I found Koha, which looks like an ideal solution for them to transition to.
>
> However, I am having a terrible time trying to get Koha to run. I think I need some serious hand holding to get this thing going: I have tried several different installations and I can get no further than a web page that says "production mode - trapped fatal error"

this message is useless (for security reasons). The useful (complete)
message, is in the logs of apache server. Something like
/var/log/koha-httpd.log, it depends on your setup.
(It's written in the koha http configuration file, ErrorLog line)
with the complete message, you'll probably understand better what happends.

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com