[Koha] Cataloging workflow

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 10:05:27 NZDT 2010

I am not working in a library obviously, but based on my training it
sounded like a lot of libraries did their cataloging in Connexion and
then import to Koha.  As a cataloger (in my past life) I personally do
not find the Koha cataloging tool to have an easy to use interface for
quick cataloging.  I used to catalog without ever touching my mouse
and I can't do that in Koha - I also could easily add fields and
duplicate fields (etc) with keyboard shortcuts. Biblios was a step in
this direction, but never made it.  If I had the skills or money I'd
re-write the cataloging tool in Koha :(

Nicole