[Koha] Map of Koha libraries worldwide

Breeding, Marshall marshall.breeding at Vanderbilt.Edu
Wed Jan 6 03:51:05 NZDT 2010

There was a thread on this list recently involving the development of a map that displays all libraries using Koha.  David Friggens had developed a version using Google maps and data from lib-web-cats, but I think that it involved manually adding entries to the map.

The map for ILS implementations is one example of a more extensive map API that I have created in lib-web-cats that I'm still in the process of documenting.

I have created a new map facility in lib-web-cats that can be used to display such things as all libraries using Koha that are represented in lib-web-cats.  It's still in draft form, but here is the map for Koha libraries:
  http://www.librarytechnology.org/map.pl?ILS=Koha

Comments, suggestions, corrections, etc, definitely appreciated.

I hope this is useful.

Best regards,

-marshall

Marshall Breeding
Director for Innovative Technology and Research
Vanderbilt University Library
Editor, Library Technology Guides
http://www.librarytechnology.org
615-343-6094