[Koha] Some issues related to KOHA 3.0

nitesh rijal rijal.it at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 18:44:01 NZDT 2010

Hello all.

Happy New Year to all.

I have used KOHA for 3 months and now almost all of my problems has been
solved. Thanks to all the members of the list who always replied to other
posts and helped people out in the best way they could.

KOHA is such a stable package that I could modify the codes very well and
get it to work as I wanted.

I have added few functionalities by modifying the codes. I have added biblio
search option, direct biblio edit and also fulltext integration in a newer
way.

I am now testing the barcode system to be used with our system. I hope it
works too.

I am a bit confused that what happens when I scan a barcode, what inteface
should I use to scan it and what features should I enable???

The other thing I wanted to ask is that is it possible to run the
rebuild_zebra.pl in my server through a button click in the web interface by
the client.

We have 12 libraries hosted in a single KOHA install using the multiple
zebra multiple database facility. Each library's database needs to be
selected first using "use library1" and then we need to export the KOHA_CONF
as  "export KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/library1-conf.xml" and then only we can
execute the rebuild script. I was thinking to make another sh script to
store all the commands that needs to be executed and then execute the
script.

I just wanted to know that is it possible to execute a script in the server
by clicking a button in the web interface.

Thanks and Happy New Year to all once again.

KOHA is a great community.

--
Nitesh Rijal
BE IT