[Koha] Smaller downloads (was: Re: Koha light weight version)

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 23:48:29 NZDT 2010

Hi Vimal,

2010/2/22 Vimal Kumar <vimal0212 at gmail.com>:
> Light weight does not mean Koha with less features, light in terms of size.
>
> In my knowledge templates of various languages make Koha big.

We're actually getting there.  For 3.2-alpha, I created two downloads,
one that included all of the translations expanded out and one that
just had the English templates + the PO files with which to generate
templates for the other languages.  These came in at 227M and 25M,
respectively.  Since the process of installing a new language is
pretty easy now and we can make it even easier by adding a new
Makefile target, I see no reason why we can't have the more compact
version become the primary option for downloading Koha as a tarball.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton