[Koha] How make item availability accessible via Z39.50?

Mike Mason mcmlists at people.net.au
Tue Feb 16 15:49:31 NZDT 2010

Liz,
thanks for that info.  It makes sense: $0 is for Withdrawn, $1 Lost,
$4 Damaged, $7 Not for loan.
Would all of these have to have "authorised values" of 0 and 1 set up in them?
I wonder what is in $q if no date is there: 0 or blank?
Do you or anyone else out there know how an external Z39.50 client
could be programmed to automatically check that there is no date in
952$q and that the other 4 subfields are 0, in order to establish availability?
Sounds as if Koha should do this itself, and have a simple
"Available/Not available" variable accessible to outside Z39.50
clients.  I'll put it into Bugzilla.

Mike