[Koha] Problems with OPAC

Braedon Vickers braedon at tw.co.nz
Tue Feb 16 08:43:14 NZDT 2010

On 16/02/10 02:46, PasiK wrote:
> I can't get the zebra-daemons to start, this is what they say with sh -x:
>
> koha-zebra-ctl.sh:
>
> + USER=__KOHA_USER__
> + GROUP=__KOHA_GROUP__
> + DBNAME=__DB_NAME__
> + NAME=koha-zebra-ctl.__DB_NAME__
> + LOGDIR=__LOG_DIR__
> + ERRLOG=__LOG_DIR__/koha-zebradaemon.err
> + STDOUT=__LOG_DIR__/koha-zebradaemon.log
> + OUTPUT=__LOG_DIR__/koha-zebradaemon-output.log
> + KOHA_CONF=__KOHA_CONF_DIR__/koha-conf.xml
> + RUNDIR=__ZEBRA_RUN_DIR__
> + LOCKDIR=__ZEBRA_LOCK_DIR__
> + ZEBRASRV=__PATH_TO_ZEBRA__/zebrasrv
> + test -f __PATH_TO_ZEBRA__/zebrasrv
> + exit 0
>
> koha-zebraqueue-ctl.sh:
>
> + USER=__KOHA_USER__
> + GROUP=__KOHA_GROUP__
> + DBNAME=__DB_NAME__
> + NAME=koha-zebraqueue-ctl-__DB_NAME__
> + LOGDIR=__LOG_DIR__
> + PERL5LIB=__PERL_MODULE_DIR__
> + KOHA_CONF=__KOHA_CONF_DIR__/koha-conf.xml
> + ERRLOG=__LOG_DIR__/koha-zebraqueue.err
> + STDOUT=__LOG_DIR__/koha-zebraqueue.log
> + OUTPUT=__LOG_DIR__/koha-zebraqueue-output.log
> + export KOHA_CONF
> + export PERL5LIB
> + ZEBRAQUEUE=__SCRIPT_DIR__/zebraqueue_daemon.pl
> + test -f __SCRIPT_DIR__/zebraqueue_daemon.pl
> + exit 0
>
> Obviously something wrong with the configuration, but what configuration
> where?

It looks to me like you have not build the Zebra config files when you
originally ran Makefile.pl, so you instead have the templates.
Apologies, i forgot that was a possibility. Each of the __SOMETHING__
strings needs to be replaced with the correct value for your install.
Someone else may be able to tell you how to do this with a script.
Otherwise, as an example, the start sections of one set of
mykoha-zebra-ctl.sh and koha-zebraqueue-ctl.sh are:

USER=koha
GROUP=koha
DBNAME=koha
NAME=koha-zebra-ctl.$DBNAME
LOGDIR=/var/log/koha
ERRLOG=$LOGDIR/koha-zebradaemon.err
STDOUT=$LOGDIR/koha-zebradaemon.log
OUTPUT=$LOGDIR/koha-zebradaemon-output.log
KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/koha-conf.xml
RUNDIR=/var/run/koha/zebradb
LOCKDIR=/var/lock/koha/zebradb
# you may need to change this depending on where zebrasrv is installed
ZEBRASRV=/usr/bin/zebrasrv
ZEBRAOPTIONS="-v none,fatal,warn"

USER=koha
GROUP=koha
DBNAME=koha
NAME=koha-zebraqueue-ctl-$DBNAME
LOGDIR=/var/log/koha
PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib
KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/koha-conf.xml
ERRLOG=$LOGDIR/koha-zebraqueue.err
STDOUT=$LOGDIR/koha-zebraqueue.log
OUTPUT=$LOGDIR/koha-zebraqueue-output.log
export KOHA_CONF
export PERL5LIB
ZEBRAQUEUE=/usr/share/koha/bin/zebraqueue_daemon.pl

Try just fixing those two files, but there may be more that you need to
do. I have never turned Zebra on from no configuration. Hopefully
someone with more knowledge of the configuration system can chime in here.

     Braedon Vickers

--
TechnologyWise Ltd, Tauranga, NZ
braedon at tw.co.nz