[Koha] Use of Amazon reviews etc illegal?

Darrell Ulm darrellulm at smfpl.org
Tue Feb 16 04:14:02 NZDT 2010

<m.mason at ...> writes:
> search index.  Following the release of the Customer Service
> Agreement from Amazon this past December, we requested clarification from
> Amazon regarding the use of AWS for library catalogs and received the
> following response:
>
> "Thank you for contacting Amazon Web Services.  Unfortunately
> your
> application does not comply with section 5.1.3 of the AWS Customer
> Agreement.  We do not allow Amazon Associates Web Service to be used
> for
> library catalogs.  Driving traffic back to Amazon must be the
> primary
> purpose for all applications using Amazon Associates Web
> Service."

Hello All,

Google Books http://books.google.com has tons of content that other sites don't
even have, and that will increase (who else has geographical mentions obtained
by scanning the books test?) Since Google provides an API to allow Google
content free, would it seem reasonable to enhance the Koha Google API to allow
all the new awesome content?

Check out the API at:
http://code.google.com/apis/books/

I don't have time to work on this unfort., but it would be fun to add. I bet
some savvy person out there could toss it in. It is a free API, and Google seems
to want people to use it.

-
   Darrell Ulm