[Koha] Problems with OPAC

Braedon Vickers braedon at tw.co.nz
Thu Feb 11 11:48:52 NZDT 2010

On 11/02/10 11:27, PasiK wrote:
> How can we make the switch to Zebra? Besides changing the system parameter
> what else needs to be done?

You need to setup and start the Zebra daemons, index all your current
inventory, and set up a cron job to automatically update the index.

What OS and install type(dev/standard) are you on?

For an Ubuntu standard install, do the following. Adjust to your system
if different.

Setup the Daemons:

sudo aptitude update

sudo aptitude installidzebra-2.0
sudo  ln  -s  /usr/share/koha/bin/koha-zebra-ctl.sh/etc/init.d/koha-zebra-daemon
sudo  update-rc.d koha-zebra-daemon defaults
sudo  /etc/init.d/koha-zebra-daemon start

sudo  ln  -s  /usr/share/koha/bin/koha-zebraqueue-ctl.sh/etc/init.d/koha-zebraqueue-daemon
sudo  update-rc.d koha-zebraqueue-daemon defaults
sudo  /etc/init.d/koha-zebraqueue-daemon start

Make sure you have set the following environmental variables so you can
run the scripts:

export KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/koha-conf.xmlexport
PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib

I put them in /etc/enviroment, but there are a few other options also.

This command should do the initial index:

perl -I /usr/share/koha/lib /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -v -b -w

The cron job to do regular index updates should be set up for the koha
user, assuming you have. To open a crontab editor for the koha user:

sudo  -u  koha crontab-e

The following lines are what I have in my crontab:

# ZEBRA INDEX UPDATES with -z option, incremental index updates throughout the day
# for both authorities and bibs
*/10 * * * *  /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -z>  /dev/null

Once you have done all that, you should be able to switch the preference
over in Koha.

Note that I have only tested this on Ubuntu standard install of 3.00.05.

Hope that helps,

     Braedon Vickers

--
TechnologyWise Ltd, Tauranga, NZ