[Koha] Problems with OPAC

Braedon Vickers braedon at tw.co.nz
Thu Feb 11 09:03:41 NZDT 2010

On 11/02/10 02:01, PasiK wrote:
> At the moment the system is running Koha  3.00.00.107 that was originally
> upgraded from Koha 2.2. Zebra is not in use (i.e. NoZebra). Is Zebra
> necessary for the boolean operators to appear in "Advanced search"?

We had a large number of issues with searching on NoZebra when we were
first setting up Koha. Someone eventually suggested that NoZebra could
be the problem, so we turned Zebra on, and all our problems disappeared.

This was with 3.00.05, and we had some different issues to what you
describing, but I would still suggest trying turning on Zebra. It seems
to be a far better search engine, and better supported as of 3.00.05.

     Braedon Vickers

--
TechnologyWise Ltd, Tauranga, NZ
braedon at tw.co.nz