[Koha] Budgets in 3.2 Acquisitions

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Thu Feb 4 02:50:25 NZDT 2010

On 03/02/10 12:52, Nicole Engard wrote:
> So then a 'Budget' is part of the 'Budget Line'?
That sounds semantically the wrong way round

> I'm okay with anything I just want to make sure enough of the people
> using the English Koha translation agree.
The original budget period would be akin to budget cycle which I think a
few systems use.
The term ledger which Galen mentioned from voyager was also used in GLIS
(for those old enough) and I think was a standard accountancy term. I
think I've also come across the term 'cost centre' but its a bit
indistinct as to level and spelling will vary between various English
speakers.

It's important to get it right. I find explaining the concept 'basket'
to acquisitions librarians bad enough.

Cheers
Colin

--