[Koha] 3.2 alpha tagged in Git
gmcharlt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 15:15:52 NZDT 2010
I have tagged v3.02.00-alpha in Git, thereby kicking off the alpha
period for 3.2. The corresponding DB revision is 3.01.00.111; I'll
switch the DBrev to 3.02.00.000 for the beta. I will prepare a
At this point, 3.2 is feature complete and development should now be
in pure bugfixing mode. Only the following types of patches will be
accepted for inclusion in 3.2, starting now:
* translations, including a mechanism to translate the new system
* documentation improvements
* necessary forward ports to preserve enhancements that were added to
3.0.x but which were not submitted to HEAD.
I reserve the release manager's prerogative to bring in a few more
minor enhancement patches that have already been submitted, and also
reserve the right to add in one more enhancement I promised a library
- permitting bibs to be cataloged without requiring any use or
generation of authority records. However, if that should prove too
unstable, I will not consider that last enhancement a blocker for the
general release of 3.2.
At this point, my criteria for moving to beta are as follows:
* all HEAD and 3.2 blocker bugs are resolved, recategorized, or
intentionally targeted for 3.4.
* we have proof of a clean upgrade path from 3.0.0 to 3.2.0.
* we have proof of a clean upgrade path from 3.0.5/6 to 3.2.0 -
because of the numerous functionality enhancements in the 3.0.x
series, this upgrade path is definitely distinct from the path
originating in 3.0.0.
* we have a completely clean pass of all test cases on (at least) Debian Lenny.
Regarding management of branches in git.koha.org repository, I intend
to start a 3.2.x branch and have bugfixes patches flow from HEAD to
3.2.x. I recommend that patches meant for inclusion in 3.4 be applied
to a new 3.4-future topic branch, but leave final word on that up to
Translators can consider a soft string freeze to be in effect - string
changes to fix en-US typos will be accepted, but by and large strings
should now be stable.
I'm working on full release notes, but notable improvements in 3.2
include but are not limited to:
* A revamped acquisitions module
* An improved system preference editor
* Improved patron card and item label creator
* email checkout slips
* branch transfer limits
* support for Syndetics, LibraryThing, and Babeltheque enhanced content
* improvements in Koha's ability to express circulation policies
As with any alpha release, 3.2-alpha is *not* recommend for use in a
gmcharlt at gmail.com
More information about the Koha