[Koha] Koha Community Handover Meeting Today on IRC

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 13:06:08 NZDT 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Nicole Engard <nengard at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a reminder that there is an IRC meeting today at 19:00 UTC+0
>
> The agenda can be found on the wiki at:
> http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:events:meetings:irc_meetings:meetingnotes10feb02

The log of the meeting can be found at

http://stats.workbuffer.org/irclog/koha/2010-02-02#i_381660

Of particular note from the meeting:

* The next meeting of the Horowhenua Library Trust will be held on 25
February.  Consequently, there is still time to comment on the draft
HLT Koha Committee rules, which can be found at:

http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:organisations:koha_project_organisation:hlt:rules&s[]=hlt&s[]=rules

* By vote of the attendees, a new website, http://koha-community.org/,
has been established as a temporary community home, a mechanism for
disseminating information of interest to Koha users and developers,
and broadening the pool of people who have immediate access to
contribute to the website.  The domain is held by the Horowhenua
Library Trust and the base WordPress MU installation was kindly set up
and hosted by Liz Rea from the Northeast Kansas Library System.

Speaking for myself, I want to emphasize that I hope that the need for
koha-community.org is only  temporary and that we'll be able to
resolve the current issues concerning management of koha.org.
However, as we have pressing needs to update and add new content to
the Koha websites, I fully support koha-community.org for as long as
it is needed.

* The next community handover meeting is scheduled for 19:00 UTC+0 on
2 March 2010.

Regards,

Galen
--