[Koha] Email alert from Koha

Emrys Minnig emrysminnig at varndean.co.uk
Tue Feb 2 03:29:12 NZDT 2010

Your concerns are valid.  Installation is obviously not Koha-specific and I certainly didn't mean for my instructions to be adopted as canon; rather, I sought to answer the question at hand with explicit information.  The tarball is unsigned -- bad practice, true enough -- but I know enough about qmailrocks.org and the surrounding community to be not overly worried.  Further, the tarball (and instructions) include John Simpson's qmail patch collection, which should sort out any spam bounce/backscatter issues.

As for qmail itself, its security credentials are sound, it's familiar to me and personally I prefer it to exim.  To quote the thread in which J. Jaspert made the comment you refer to:

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007, Don Armstrong wrote:

> > > No, there are not.
> >
> > Yes, there are.
>
> No, there are not.
Yes, there are.
Next? ;-)

Don Armstrong

I had to laugh at that one.  To some extent, it seems MTA choice is largely a matter of opinion.

Emrys