[Koha] Curious searching problem with zebra

LAURENT Henri-Damien henridamien.laurent at biblibre.com
Mon Dec 20 09:42:59 NZDT 2010

Le 18/12/2010 00:24, Chris Cormack a écrit :
> You are absolutely right removing it would cause problems, but I don't
> suggest doing that, if you look at bug 5515 you will see I suggest we
> use something other than and for the directive perhaps +++ and then
> change build query to use that.
mmmm....
a) It seems to me that the problem would be the same for "or" and "not"

b) It would add some more "special" language to Koha... And I donot
think Koha really needs that. (There are already many of them... ISBD,
SQL reports)

c) Problem would not occur if the operands would be carefully handled...
Passing kw,wrdl="and simple" rather than kw,wrdl=and simple would do
what is asked. zebra is a pain... But sometimes for good reasons.
Z>.cclparse kw,wrdl=and test
                    ^ - Search word expected

Z> cclparse kw,wrdl="and test"
@attr 4=6 @attr 1=1016 "and test"

see here http://pastebin.com/4q38CPKq to check whether this is the
desired behavior.

> People could still use ccl from the browser if they type ccl= but all
> other searches would be constructed by buildquery and would look like
> ti=the hobbit +++ au=tolkien. Which would mean ti=and simple +++ au=bob
> would work too. We might want to do the same with or and not.
>
> Hope this makes sense, typed on my phone while taking a break from
> christmas shopping. Merry christmas to your family Henri Damien, and to
> everyone else in the Koha family :)
Same to you and the whole Koha Community.

--
Henri-Damien LAURENT