[Koha] Fwd: [Web4lib] Request to participate in 2010 Library Technology Guides automation survey

Josh Westbrook joshw at wwrurallibrary.com
Sat Dec 11 06:24:55 NZDT 2010

I wonder if Marshall gives any other group of folks this much input into his
survey  :)

With that being said, I think with the way the library software market is
going it would make sense to add a vendor field separate from the "Current
Automation System" field.  (since the survey includes questions about the
software you use and the vendor that supports it)  It could even have a
lovely asterisk that leads you to a footnote similar to this:

"If your library uses more than one support vendor, please list what you
consider to be your main support vendor. If you do not contract with a
support vendor please list 'Independent'."

Then those people listed as "Independent" could go in and rate their
in-house support team with the highest marks and go buy them cookies, or
donuts, or pavlova, or whatever ...

Josh Westbrook
Prescott Library Mngr/District Technology Mngr
Walla Walla County Rural Library District
joshw at wwrurallibrary.com
http://www.wwrurallibrary.com