[Koha] Fwd: Help me complete Koha 2.2.9 implemetantion

Stephen Hedges st.hedges at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 05:49:58 NZST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Raphael Muonga <chisangaz at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 8:57 AM
Subject: Help me complete Koha 2.2.9 implemetantion
To: st.hedges at gmail.com, mhelman at illinoisalumni.org

May  I please ask for your help.

I have just successfully installed Koha 2.2.9 for the first time on
Windows XP Service Pack 2.
I have done almost all the Bibliographic  Data Parameters
settings/definitions and I am able to download Bibliographic Records
into Koha using Z39.50 servers.

I am also to connect to  the Server from client computers on the LAN,.

But I have got two (2) problems:-

1.  I do not know how to introduce into Koha bibliographic record the
number of  items for say one book (say 1 or 4 books for the same
volume - Excel VBA Programming book) in our Library. Which field
should I edit?

2.  I  have failed to see as to why the system is producing a blank
Member Record after I have filled in almost all the required data in
the Member Personal Details form and pressing Save button at the
bottom of the form.  Incidentally each time I retry to fill in the
same Member Personal Details form, the fields are bring up the same
data I previous entered. But when I try to search for members it shows
nil records.  Where have I gone wrong.

The Search for books whether using OPAC or Intranet is working well
both on the Server and Client computers.

I anxiously await your assistance.

Kind regards

Raphael Chisanga Muonga