[Koha] Circulation Speed

Darrell Ulm darrellulm at smfpl.org
Sat Aug 21 04:06:01 NZST 2010

Amber Amland <library at ...> writes:
> Has anyone solved the problem of slow check out and in time
> in Koha 3.0?  I’m sorry, I know there was some discussion of this in
> April or May.  I have been away from my library all summer and tried to
> find the threads in the archive, but couldn’t find them.  We upgraded
> to Koha 3.00.02.012  from a much older version of Koha right
> before I left, and since I’ve come back my library staff has been asking
> me why checking in and out is so much slower.  Our school’s tech
> support hasn’t been able to figure it out yet either.  Has anyone
> figured out how to make this better?

Hello Amber,

I have mentioned this elsewhere, but the JQuery Table sort, while cool, can
really slow down Circ, even in Chrome to some degree when there are many items
checked out. If your staff do not use it on the circ page (you can leave it in
elsewhere), commenting the few lines out should speed the circ up for most
libraries.

Our staff did not use that table sort too much on the circ page, and taking it
out made a world of difference. If you still need to print, Firefox 4 should be
faster but will not solve the speed issues associated with that JQuery sort on
the check-out page.

Any developers want to weigh in on this? Is it still a feature if it causes
problems for some?

-Good Luck.