[Koha] [Koha-devel] Debian packages, Squeeze and updated libyaz

Vincent Danjean vdanjean at debian.org
Wed Aug 18 23:59:45 NZST 2010

  Hi,

On 02/08/2010 04:17, Robin Sheat wrote:
> Recently Debian updated their zebra-related stuff in Squeeze, and
> dropped libyaz3 in favour of libyaz4. This meant that I spent some time
> trying to work out why zebra would work on the production system (which
> I was being conservative about updating) and not my newer test systems.
>
> It turns out that the version combinations currently in Debian make
> Zebra quite unhappy, and it will segfault. You won't see this happen if
> you run the rebuild_zebra.pl script, but you will get this if you run it
> with -v:
[...]

  I'm the Debian maintainer of idzebra an yaz in Debian. squeeze is frozen
but I would like to fix this bug.
  Can someone check and report if using yaz 4.0.11-1 and idzebra 2.0.44-1
fix this bug ? Please, CC me on reply as I do not read regularly the
mailing list (or better, cc the bug report)
These packages can be found on my repo (see my signature below)

Note for Adam : I do not try to package yaz 4.0.12 for squeeze as there is
an ABI regression (sigterm and statserv_must_terminate are missing). Even if
these are internal use only symbols (are they ?), it will be harder to make
them accepted by the release-team. If you want I apply some bug-fix only
commit, just point me on the relevant git commit.

  Regards,
    Vincent

Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0x9D025E87         vdanjean at debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A  8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87
Unofficial packages: http://moais.imag.fr/membres/vincent.danjean/deb.html
APT repo:  deb http://perso.debian.org/~vdanjean/debian unstable main