[Koha] previous trouble bulk loading patrons semi-solved

Linda Culberson lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Wed Aug 18 09:55:32 NZST 2010

I had emailed the list earlier about the problem I was having bulk
assuming that it was a "time out" issue.  However, I  discovered that
part of the problem was having either unescaped single or double quotes
in some of  the fields.  The next problem I discovered concerns the
required branchcode and categorycode fields.  If I put in a default,
they load.  If I load them single quoted as I have for the other fields,
they don't.  I have also discovered, with our installation, at least,
the error  on the staff page is always: 'Critical field "categorycode"
missing' and 'critical field "branchcode" missing' even if the error is
really something unrelated (like an unescaped single or double quote
somewhere in another field).
The error in the log is :"Use of uninitialized value in pattern match
(m//) at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/tools/import_borrowers.pl line
156, <fh00001kohatest.txt> line 12435., referer:
http://koha.mdah.state.ms.us:8080/cgi-bin/koha/tools/import_borrowers.pl"

We are on Koha version 3.00.05.003 and Perl version 5.008008

The good news is that although the staff's categorycodes have to be
manually updated, I have 12430 patrons loaded!

Linda Culberson			lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Archives and Records Services Division
Ms. Dept. of Archives&  History
P. O. Box 571