[Koha] OCLC Record Matching Rule

Ville Huhtala vthuhtala at netscape.net
Tue Aug 10 04:24:53 NZST 2010

Hi Nicole

Field 001 contains the control number of the organization which is
identified in the field 003. Typically field 001 should contain the
control number of the local system.

MARC 21 Format for Bibliographic Data, 001 - Control Number
http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd001.html

Contains the control number assigned by the organization creating,
using, or distributing the record. For interchange purposes,
documentation of the structure of the control number and input
conventions should be provided to exchange partners by the organization
initiating the interchange. The MARC code identifying whose system
control number is present in field 001 is contained in field 003
(Control Number Identifier). An organization receiving a record may move
the incoming control number from field 001 (and the control number
identifier from field 003) to field 035 (System Control Number), 010
(Library of Congress Control Number), or 016 (National Bibliographic
Agency Control Number), as appropriate, and place its own system control
number in field 001 (and its control number identifier in field 003).