[Koha] About Annoying Highlighting Behaviour

Nitesh Rijal rijal.it at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 19:21:52 NZST 2010

Dear all.

Today I came across a behavior that is caused because of the search result
highlighting feature in KOHA.

I'm using KOHA 3.0.6 and this is the opac link http://202.70.88.11:8000

I searched for an entry "a" and found that it highlights all the a's in the
whole page (not only in search result). well that was not a big problem but
the thing that annoyed me was the dropdown list for sorting the result. I
don't know why, all the a's in that list gets disappeared when selected. The
same happens when I search for any other alphabet like "o".

But if I search for "nepal" then everything is fine.

I tried to turn off the OpacHighlightedSearch option in Staff Client, but
there is not effect of it.

I tried to search the same in Staff Client, but there is no such problem.
Staff client interface is not skipping any alphabet while searching.

Please look at this and let me know, if I'm wrong anywhere.

Regards.

--
Nitesh Rijal
BE IT