[Koha] Koha 3.0.6 (Community Ed.) on FreeBSD

Jared Camins-Esakov camins at numismatics.org
Wed Aug 4 01:43:46 NZST 2010

Joel,

I successfully installed a Koha 3.2 beta on FreeBSD, but I can't say I'd
recommend it. It was a bit of a struggle getting it set up. You can see
the instructions I wrote (which seem to work) on the wiki here:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_FreeBSD

The text document you copied in looks like the output from the Koha
installer rather than error messages from CPAN, incidentally. A lot of
those can be installed by running cpan, as chris_n describes, but you
will need to install some from FreeBSD ports. All of this should be
covered in the link I provided above. There will still be a few error
messages at the end, but they are non-fatal.

I ultimately decided to switch to Debian because of the awesome Debian
packages that larsw and robin put together.

Regards,
Jared Camins-Esakov

On 8/3/2010 9:00 AM, Joel Harbottle wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are currently attempting to install Koha 3.0.6 (Community edition)
> on a Development server.
>
> Our Library's Systems Support & Development Officer is currently
> trying to install Koha 3.0.6 on a Development Server which is running
> the FreeBSD v7.2 Operating System, and has come across a slight
> problem with CPAN.
>
> At present, the install is unable to proceed because CPAN is unable to
> find the pre-requisite files. See attached document
> [Pasted_Data_467e.txt]. Is there away to set CPAN to be able to
> automatically download and install these files during the process of
> installing Koha, so that each file and its dependencies don't have to
> be downloaded and installed separately from the CPAN website?
>
> Also, on a final note, is there any library's out there which
> have Koha 3.0.6 installed on a server running the FreeBSD Operating
> System? If so, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you about any
> problems your library may have had during the process of installing Koha.
>
> Many thanks in anticipation!
>
> Kindest Regards,
> Joel
>

> */Joel Harbottle/*
> Library Technician
> Library Services (Tasmania)
> Email: Joel.Harbottle at hotmail.com.au
> <mailto:Joel.Harbottle at hotmail.com.au>
>

> */Please ignore the Hotmail Web Advertisement(s) below:
> /*

Jared Camins-Esakov
Assistant Librarian - American Numismatic Society
75 Varick Street, 11th Floor
New York, NY  10013
Tel: (212) 571-4470, ext. 171
camins at numismatics.org