[Koha] LibLime Thoughts

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Fri Apr 30 20:28:01 NZST 2010

Frederic Demians wrote:

> PTFS hasn't been chosen by the Koha community to 'move the Koha project
> to the next level'.

Quoting from the "LibLime Thoughts" ...

   The PTFS acquisition of LibLime will take the Koha project to the next
   level by utilizing agile software development and systems engineering
   methodologies.

That is a big presumption on someone's part. It is not a trivial matter
to corral a herd of programmers and foist agile development techniques
upon them. It would take some fundamental changes to the way Koha is
developed, etc.etc.etc.

Such a change *must* be raised with the Koha user and development communities
for discussion and further evaluation.

I would have thought we first need our very own benevolent dictator before
even conceiving a move towards system engineering techniques. Such a dictator
would clearly need to avoid any perception of a conflict of interests.

> I may resume my position as: sharing with PTFS: yes,  forking with PTFS:
> no thanks.

Bien sure!

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible,
he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible,
he is very probably wrong.
      -- Arthur C. Clarke