[Koha] marc import fails

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Fri Apr 30 07:40:15 NZST 2010

Hi Joel,

Just some troubleshooting thoughts.  Have you tried looking at the bookwhere file using MarcEdit?  I had a situation where a wrongly formatted record would cause the import to fail - and would identify the following record in the file as the culprit.  Using MarcEdit you should be able to look at the first record in the file, and also to break out a subset of the records and see if they import.  Maybe that will give you a clue as to where the problem is.

Best,

Doug