[Koha] How to...

Marilen Corciovei marilen.corciovei at nemesisit.ro
Fri Apr 30 02:51:52 NZST 2010

Hello Jen,

If you think on using koha on your library the first thing to do is test
it. There are some ways you can test it on available installs on the net
and also you can install it yourself if you have some basic
administration skills and some spare of time (2-3 days). Then, if you
decide to use koha and you want to migrate your paper data into koha you
will have to define a marc framework and then start cataloging. The
simplest way is to import the biblio entries from z3950 servers but this
is not possible. In the process it's possible to find some bugs or
config problems which you will have to fix. As a time frame we managed
to have a running koha up and cataloging in about 4 weeks (around 5
librarians with no previous experience, remote support and installation,
no z3950).

Best regards,
Len
www.nemesisit.ro