[Koha] Managing per item selection costs / freight / processing cost per item in Koha

Joann Ransom jransom at library.org.nz
Thu Apr 22 11:19:15 NZST 2010

Morning folks,

Todays question is : How do other libraries manage per item selection
charges / freight / postage and packaging etc in terms of the
acquisitions budget?

In 2.2.9 we enter the selection charge for the entire invoice, along
with the number of items it is to be spread over, when we are entering
the invoice number. This then spreads the selection charge over all the
items being received on that invoice, adding a poortion of the selection
charge to the actual cost of tyhe item. This then carries over to the
budgets and ensures that we are accounting for the true cost of buying
that item.

Koha 3.2 has no concept or mechanism for doing that. So how do / are
other 3.2 libraries managing this? Or is this something this an enhancement?

Cheers Jo.