[Koha] Can Koha run digital library collections

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 23:25:13 NZST 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 7:16 AM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:

> We're Koha users and developers, so we're not expert on Greenstone.
> How does that do it?

Greenstone stores (or allows you to catalog) metadata in more formats
than Koha does.  If you catalog your digital items into Koha the data
is only stored in MARCXML and then you can export each individual bib
in DC and MODS if you want.  I haven't done this so I don't know how
accurate those formats are generated.  Koha also does not let you
store your original files like Greenstone does - although there has
been some talk of that.  What you have to do in Koha is use the 856
field to point to a link to the file you're cataloging.

Thanks
Nicole