[Koha] fixing marc and marcxml

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Fri Apr 9 11:52:14 NZST 2010

2010/4/9 Veronica Lencinas <verolencinas at yahoo.com.ar>

> Hi,
> I had some malfunction (probably incorrect configuration of one framework) in my Koha. One of the results was that items.marc and items.marcxml were build without the 952 fields. Koha still work (circulation, etc.), but it is impossible to edit items. So I need to fix the marcxml and marc fields in the items table.
> Do someone have a script to fix this?
>
> Thank you
>
> Verónica Lencinas

Hi Verónica

Yep, there is a script in misc/maintenance called
sync_items_in_marc_bib.pl that will do exactly this for you.

"Replaces the item data embedded in the MARC bib
records (for indexing) with the authoritative
item data as stored in the items table.

If Zebra is used, run rebuild_zebra.pl -b -r after
running this script.

NOTE: this script should be run only if there is
reason to suspect that the embedded item tags are
not in sync with the items table."

Chris