[Koha] Koha vs Follet comparison

ErikTPeterson erik.peterson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 10:03:17 NZDT 2009

Our school is planning on moving from a homegrown to a hosted ILS.
Two options that are being considered are Koha and Follet Destiny® Resource
Management Solution.
Anyone have good comparison or personal comments to make?
I did try out a version of Koha myself about 2 years back, but I did find it
hard to add books without having to type in all the information ourselves
(vs just pulling the info from Amazon or some similar central source)

I like the open source nature of Koha, but we are based in Mexico City and
none of the schools in our association are using Koha.

For background we are a bilingual K-12 school w/ about 2000 students over 4
campuses.
(this means we have 4 classroom sized libraries)

Thanks!
-Erik