[Koha] [Koha-devel] version 3.0.4 on download.koha.org

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Wed Oct 28 03:42:57 NZDT 2009

Hi Owen,

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote:

> > Note that writing to one of the lists, petitioning for "some LibLimer" to
> > respond is not as effective at getting our attention as is writing us
> > directly as you have done in the past.
>
> Better yet, you could grant Release Managers and Release Maintainers
> direct access to edit the relevant areas of Koha.org and permission to
> load release files on download.koha.org.

download.koha.org is a site that LibLime created to provide a historical
archive of Koha releases done to date. It currently resides on LibLime
servers that have other web sites so we're not able to provide direct
shell/ftp access at this time.

That said, we are committed to triggering any upload request within 6 hours
or receipt.

While an interesting idea, providing direct access to download.koha.org as
you suggest would not have solved the problems that occurred with this last
release of 3.00.04. I documented the correct procedure for rolling a Koha
release in the misc/release_notes/README.txt file and following that
procedure is the best way to ensure that future releases do not suffer the
same confusion.

Sincerely,

Josh

CEO                         migration, training, maintenance, support