[Koha] Liblime, Koha, BibLibre and FLOSS

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Sat Oct 24 01:21:31 NZDT 2009

On 10/23/2009 11:00 AM, MJ Ray wrote:
> Colin Campbell wrote:

> Please read the list archives.  I looked at it seriously during its
> drafting and, personally, I feel that AGPL is a bogus licence, based
> on the absurd idea that one can "ensure cooperation" with
> contract-based compulsion when it has been well-known for over 70
> years that true cooperation is voluntary.  See for example
> http://www.ica.coop/coop/principles.html#1

I've read them first time and thought your view of the license a
caricature. The license does not mention co-operation it merely tries to
give those who purchase SaaS the same rights and privileges over source
as the GPL permitted. As such it enables co-operation, but as you point
out that is voluntary.
Colin

--
Colin Campbell