[Koha] Liblime, Koha, BibLibre and FLOSS

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Oct 23 22:48:42 NZDT 2009

Paul Poulain wrote: [...]
> In your contract, you say it's written : "
>
> grant permission to the Buyer to use, copy, modify, adapt or
> enhance the material supplied in the performance of the Services, so
> far as [the co-op] is permitted to grant that permission"
>
> but... in a SaaS, you don't provide any material to your customer. So, you have the "juridic loophole" as we had.

No, it's the material *supplied in the performance* that the Buyer is
permitted to copy it.  Note that the clause is not limited to the
material supplied to the Buyer in the way suggested.

> > Also, what about the data?
> We already explicitly say : "datas are your's, you can get the SQL dump at any time".

So no prohibition on the encrypting the data in the SQL dump?

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software