[Koha] Koha Manual in Git

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 05:06:25 NZDT 2009

I misunderstood the difference between copyright and licensing (as in
the GPL) and for that reason - and the fact that the 3.2 is so
different from 3.0 - I will be re-writing the 3.2 manual from scratch
(which will also force me to review every single section in more
detail).  For right now I'm about to update the version that is in Git
to include LibLime in the copyright tag (since it does include content
from the old 3.0/3.2 manuals).

For the future, I will be the main copyright holder on the manual and
when the Koha Foundation is formed I will sign my copyright over to
the Foundation as I don't think any one company should own the
copyright - instead it should be community owned  (feel free to keep
this email so that you have documentation of my promise).  Other
copyright holders will be ByWater Solutions and BibLibre and anyone
else who helps me write bits - or contributes their documentation for
me to include in the manual.

I hope this is acceptable to all - I think it's the best way to
support the community and the best way to force me to make sure ever
3.2 feature is accurately documented :)

Thanks everyone for your understanding and support so far,
Nicole C. Engard
Koha Documentation Manager