[Koha] Final Decision Time: Koha Foundation Options

Thomas Dukleth kohalist at agogme.com
Thu Oct 15 08:29:06 NZDT 2009

I wish to congratulate Nicole Engard, M J Ray, and others who have
contributed to the ballot design for the final Koha Foundation Options
poll.

Nicole and those reviewing her work have been learning well from the
previous survey and comments for which their had been time.

While I find some obvious problems in the design, they are not serious
enough for me to distract anyone by identifying them at this time.  Most
anything can always be improved but the issue is moot at this time.  I
will reserve comment until analysing the results of the voting and until
the next time the Koha community is designing a ballot.

The only suggestion which I make to Nicole at this time is to consider
posting her announcement of the poll to the koha-translate list if some
people may give more attention to that list than others.  Anyone could
repost it there but I defer to Nicole's judgement.

For those who may have doubted my manner in the voracity with which I
expressed my concerns I should state clearly that I always had confidence
in the good judgement of Nicole, MJ, and anyone else who may have been
assisting.  Furthermore, I repeated even a little too much that Nicole was
the one who had to take the final decision on the ballot design and I
always respected her authority in the matter even if I may have disagreed
with her choice.  The concerns I expressed were foremost to have as fair a
process for everyone participating as possible.

Thomas Dukleth
Agogme
109 E 9th Street, 3D
New York, NY  10003