[Koha] Open source ballot design

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 01:03:46 NZDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 5:21 AM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> Thomas Dukleth wrote:
>> However, the reason that advancing a Koha foundation is being rushed
>> presently is that there have been significant recent problems in the
>> community which some think the foundation may address, not because people
>> have become tired of the occasional discussion over the years.   [...]
>
> Speak for yourself - I've been looking to put a sustainable
> vendor-neutral user-involving community organisation at the heart of
> the project for years.  Yes, the LibLime communication cutback has
> probably motivated a few more people, but it's not a quick fix for the
> recent problems and I'm not sure anyone thinks it is.

Indeed, this has been discussed long before the current events began.
I guess it has been a sort of call to action.

> So:
>
> 1. do we need information brochure(s) about the options?
>   - who will produce it/them?
>   - who will referee it/them to make sure it's fair?
>   - how should it be distributed?

How about MJ, Thomas, and the wiki ; )

> 2. are there other trained statisicians in our community?

I took a single stats class in college ( math minor ). About the most
I can tell you is your chances of drawing a particular series of cards
from a full deck.

> 3. how do we gather opinions on the survey design nicely?

Maybe have everyone post potential questions to a wiki page, limit the
question posting period to a week or two.

> Hope that helps,

I find you to always be insightful. A philosopher with a club, perhaps?

Kyle