[Koha] field 700 problem

Thomas Dukleth thomasd at agogme.com
Mon Oct 12 11:37:49 NZDT 2009

Obtaining an answer to your question will probably require a clearer
expalanation of the problem.

Remainder of reply inline:

On Sun, October 11, 2009 13:38, altarek almoslem wrote:

> hello      i have koha version and used fields(100 & 700)to authors
> field(700)repeated when save for first time it save all fields goodbut
> when making editing field , all repeated fields values for field 700 are
> changed,the problem when making editing

Please explain what you mean by "all repeated fields values for field 700
are changed".

If I understand correctly, everything is fine when you originally create a
record including field 700.  You only have the problem when editing a
pre-existing record.

Do you mean that when editing a pre-existing record you may start with a
record including the following in a repeated 700 field which has something
which needs correcting or updating in one field?

700 1# $a Rohmerrrrrrr, Éric, $d 1920-
700 1# $a Langlet, Amanda.
700 1# $a Dombasle, Arielle.
700 1# $a Greggory, Pascal, $d 1955-
700 1# $a Atkine, Feodor.
700 1# $a La Brosse, Simone de.
700 0# $a Rosette, $d 1959-

Do you change the field needing correcting to what it should be and find
that changing one field changes all the repeatable fields with the same
field name in the record as in the following?

700 1# $a Rohmer, Éric, $d 1920-
700 1# $a Rohmer, Éric, $d 1920-
700 1# $a Rohmer, Éric, $d 1920-
700 1# $a Rohmer, Éric, $d 1920-
700 1# $a Rohmer, Éric, $d 1920-
700 1# $a Rohmer, Éric, $d 1920-
700 1# $a Rohmer, Éric, $d 1920-

I do not know that the above example happens.  I am merely trying to guess
at your meaning.

Give an example of how the content of the field values changes by stating
the exact contents of the 700 fields before editing and the exact contents
after editing the field for a pre-existing record where you have merely
edited a 700 entry.

Please also state which version of Koha you are running.

Thomas Dukleth
Agogme
109 E 9th Street, 3D
New York, NY  10003