[Koha] Koha demo links on koha.org

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Oct 13 07:22:02 NZDT 2009

Ben Ide wrote: [...replying to the idea that Josh should post...]
> To what advantage?  Why should he send another missive here when all
> have been content to ignore the previous ones?
>
> http://www.nabble.com/user/UserPosts.jtp?user=97160

Ah yes, the top one of which is the
LibLime Enterprise Koha Q&A
which includes both that "LibLime Enterprise Koha is not a 'fork' of
Koha" and "Our new approach moves the contribution
phase of development to the end of the cycle" - that's to say, it's
a fork until it's finished.

When the message contradicts itself like that, anyone who picks either
part can be accused of ignoring it!  So no-one who discusses LL at all
can win at the moment...

> > Perhaps you could request this of Josh or encourage the individual at
> > your organization who is responsible for your relationship to LL to
> > request it of Josh?
>
> Again, what on earth would be the advantage of that?  To me, it just
> seems like a waste of a busy person's time.

It depends how much one values the community.  Last year, about a
third of the co-op's time was spent on community participation.
It benefits both our workers and our customers to have good
communities.  I hope the climate here will improve, with less
firey emails soon.  I can understand the frustration, but I know
from experience that "what on earth" questions don't get good
answers.

I hope LibLime's customers can encourage to get involved or sell
the community assets to a vendor-neutral community org.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  LMS developer and webmaster at     | software