[Koha] Koha demo links on koha.org

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Sun Oct 11 15:17:58 NZDT 2009

Hi Thomas,

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Thomas Dukleth <kohalist at agogme.com> wrote:

> Reply inline:
>
> On Sat, October 10, 2009 02:01, Chris Nighswonger wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Also, I find it interesting that now LibLime concludes that they are the
> > "owner" of koha.org in the sense of being the final arbitrator of what is
> > or
> > is not published on that site. In the past they have championed themselves
> > as "custodians" of the site.
>
> If you have some time, please make a list of the past instances with
> citations to sources in which LibLime refer to themselves merely as
> custodian of the Koha community website.

My choice of words in that statement was deliberate as the outright
statements to that effect are few. Here is one example taken from this
email (http://lists.koha.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2008-January/007167.html)
regarding the Plone contest:

"LibLime purchased the domain name from Katipo almost a year ago, and
we feel a responsibility to do a good job as stewards of the site
(just as Katipo did back in the day). Hence, we're happy to donate our
time and resources to the site improvement.

Cheers,

President, Technology       migration, training, maintenance, support"

However, the implication of this "custodianship" has been communicated
through numerous avenues at numerous times. The location of them is
is one taken from this email
(http://lists.koha.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2008-July/008018.html)
provided to serve as an example:

"The bottom line is that the core Koha development community expressed
dissatisfaction with all of the submitted designs, and we didn't plan
for a [sic] scenerio where no-one liked any of them; for that reason,
I hesitated to publish the results of our voting process.

... So Koha community, how shall we proceed?

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support

HTH

Kind Regards,
Chris

....handy things email archives are... they will tell on you...