[Koha] [Koha-devel] RFC: Modification to Fines System

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 03:57:39 NZDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 8:54 AM, Kyle Hall <kyle.m.hall at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's the roadmap I have planned out. I'll put this on the wiki if
> anyone would like me to.
>
> Step 1) accountlines.accountno becomes the primary key. Payments
> reference fines paid via accountno_paid. ( I've already written this
> and sent a patch ).

No, we should create an entirely new primary key (say, "line_id"), to avoid
the problem that accountno might already have conflicting values in it,
blocking the DB conversion to primary key or forcing data to be dropped in
the process.

I think the overdue script will be unchanged.  The options and
configurations for fines/debar are all exposed already.
--joe