[Koha] MARC Data Import Followup

Becky Bell beckybell at waldolib.org
Thu Oct 8 09:44:18 NZDT 2009

Hi Zachary,

I ran your file of records through a program called MarcEdit. It created a
huge file that identifies the errors. I copied the summary of the errors:

Errors:

            020-ind2:  Invalid data ($)  Indicator should be undefined.

            020-  No subfields have been defined in this record and it
appears that there should be.

            100-ind1:  Invalid data (\)  Indicator can only be 013.

            100-ind2:  Invalid data ($)  Indicator should be undefined.

            100-  No subfields have been defined in this record and it
appears that there should be.

            245-ind1:  Invalid data (\)  Indicator can only be 01.

            245-ind2:  Invalid data ($)  Indicator can only be 0-9.

            245-  No subfields have been defined in this record and it
appears that there should be.

            260-ind2:  Invalid data ($)  Indicator should be undefined.

            300-ind2:  Invalid data ($)  Indicator should be undefined.

            300-  No subfields have been defined in this record and it
appears that there should be.

I suggest you download MarcEdit from
http://people.oregonstate.edu/~reeset/marcedit/html/downloads.html and use
this tool to identify the errors in your records.

Becky

  _____