[Koha] US Koha Conference NOT KOHACON NZ

David Schuster dschust1 at tx.rr.com
Wed Oct 7 04:39:34 NZDT 2009

I just wanted to start the discussion so don't shoot me...  When I was
working with another organization we had to plan our conferences 3 years out
just in the US so I understand rotating and not detracting from the real
thing - NZ KohaCon.  I still want to attend - even if I have to attempt to
do it on my own dime.

On the Dev list someone suggested more regional meetings - which could be a
great start as well.  I'm even pondering some 1 day online events.  I have
access to some great webconferencing tools that we might be able to use - it
all runs in flash so it doesn't require openings in firewalls etc...

I know KEGGERS(Kansas), and WHISKEY?(sp)(Wisconsin) have setup groups.  I
know on the wiki there is an events page maybe these "organized groups"
could put up their meeting dates for everyone in case someone wanted to
attempt to attend one of their meetings.

KIG's
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:organisations:koha_interest_groups:start

Other thoughts?