[Koha] US Koha Conference NOT KOHACON NZ

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Tue Oct 6 09:02:43 NZDT 2009

2009/10/6 Jim Minges <jminges at nekls.org>:
> Sorry, but whether there is a US Koha conference or not, there is zero
> chance of our organization, and I suspect any other Kansas Koha users, going
> to KohaCon NZ. Too bad but that's just the way it is.

That is a real shame, .... Ive been to both Kohacon in Paris in 2006
and Kohacon in the US in 2009. And there was 0 chance of any of the NZ
libraries who run Koha (including of course HLT who started the whole
thing) being able to go.
So I totally understand that it is unlikely that huge numbers of North
American on European Libraries will be able to attend. But I also
would not like one to detract from the other.

Perhaps they could be held alternate years? It was 3 years between the
first and second Kohacon, maybe we don't need the third and fourth on
the same year.

Chris